Thursday, October 27, 2011

what is reality?


What is reality?  To me, reality is everything that we observe to be real.  Reality is the condition of things as they actually exist instead of the way things may appear or may be imagined. Reality involves everything that is and has been. Before even looking up the word, “reality” in the dictionary, I thought about what it means to me. I had a hard time coming up with a good way to phrase what reality is to me, but one of the words that came to mind was truth. Dictionary.com defines reality as “the state or quality of being real;” “a real thing or fact;”  “facts of existence.” Then when looking up the synonyms for reality, some of the synonyms that came up on dictionary.com  were “absoluteness, actuality, authenticity, existence, truth, validity.” There are many different theories of reality because for many years, people have been trying to discover what reality is and put a definition to it. However, many people have different ideas of what reality is, which is why there are different theories. To me, reality is the state of things as the actually exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment